Axminster bowlers impress in victory at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Axminster bowlers have enjoyed a successful period, winning four of the five matches played, writes David Harris.
The period began with a 52-39 home win over Chard that saw wins for Valerie Mellor, John Hill and Budgie Hallowes (20-14), Brian Hellier, David Harris and Ann Clayton (17-16), and Phil White, Mike Mellor and Les Clark (15-9).
Next up, a trip to Honiton saw Axminster win 67-56 with success for the rinks of Joan Quick, David Harris, and Nigel Bond (24-13) and Phil White, Ann Clayton, and Alfie Day (17-9).
That was followed by a 66-55 success at Chardstock where the winning rinks were the ones of Phil White, David Harris, and Alfie Day (24-11) and Joan Quick, Ann Burn, and Ken Quick (17-11), whilst John Hill, George Mabon, and Brian Clark tied (17-17).
In the men’s County Over-60s League, Axminster went down 38-27 away at Exeter-based Pinces Park, where there was no success for the visiting bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
However, they bounced back to win 50-23 at home to Topsham with wins for both rinks; John Ellis, David Harris, and Doug Looskan (27-16) and John Hill, George Mabon, and Bob Sherborne (23-7).
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Football in support of mental health
- 10 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"