Axminster bowlers see off Madeira in Over-60s League
- Credit: Archant
Axminster bowlers have been busy with New Year action, writes David Harris.
The home rink of Mike Hennegan, Alan Nabbaro, David Like, and Derek Pheby won 24-14 whilst both away rinks were successful - Brian Cursley, Malcolm Denslow, George Mabon, and Bob Sherborne (23-18) and John Ellis, Alfie Day, David Harris, and Ken Webster (17-16).
There have been four mixed friendlies played since the festive break, but they produced just a single win!
First up was a meeting with visiting Nomads, who departed with a 62-55 success. The best of the home rinks was the one of Alan Foster, Mike Mellor, Jean Kesterton, and Margaret Crompton, who managed a 16 -16 tie.
Next a trip to Dorset BC saw Axminster beaten with the only success being an 18-11 rink win for Malcolm Denslow, Marion Harris, and Brian Clarke.
You may also want to watch:
Severalls were next to visit, and they left with a 58-41 victory with the only home joy coming from Morrison Brown, Alan Foster, Alan Nabbaro, and Alfie Day (16-15).
After three defeats, a victory finally arrived thanks to a 68-50 win over Ottery.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
In this match there were wins for Morrison Brown, Mavis Swallow, Gerald Knott, and Margaret Crompton (28-16) and John Packham, Marion Harris, Jean Kesterton, and Brian Clark (24-17).