Axminster Bowls Club end outdoor term with seriously close contests
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Bowls Club drew the curtain on another outdoor season with a seriously close contest, writes David Harris.
First up was a friendly at home to Chardstock that Axminster won 94-48 with success on all the rinks played; Lou Harris, Pam Hunter, Tony Cable, and Brian Clark, (32-13), Phil White, Daphne Ryan, David Harris, and Les Clark, (20-11), John Packham, Eve Cole, Norman Copland, and Bob Sherborne, (22-16), and Margaret Stancliffe, Margaret Brown, Alan Morgan, and Margaret Crompton, (20-18).
A single shot defeat followed in a close encounter at Severals who were 67-66 victors.
Here there was a good win for the rink of Joan Quick, John Hill, and Brian Clark, (25-7).
There followed another equally close and thrilling match when Axminster won by a single shot, defeating hosts Culm Vale 65-64.
You may also want to watch:
Here the winning rinks were; Phil White, Derek Pheby, and Alfie Day, (21-16) and John Ellis, John Hill, and Ann Clayton, (18-17).
The club management wish to place on record sincere thanks to all members who have worked very hard throughout a most enjoyable season of outdoor bowling.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband