Axminster edged out by Taunton Deane in final mixed friendly of indoor season
- Credit: Archant
The Axminster indoor bowlers played their last game of the season last week, writes David Harris.
They entertained Taunton Deane in a mixed friendly and lost narrowly at 60-54.
There was a 25-20 win for the rink of John Hill, Lilian Lovatt, Ken Quick, and Margaret Crompton whilst Joan Quick, Derek Pheby, David Harris, and Brian Clark had a 15-15 tie!
The defeat brought to an end an excellent run in mixed friendlies of eight straight wins!
The Axminster club finals were held last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies’ singles were won by Margaret Crompton with Alison Glyde the runner-up whilst the men’s singles winner was David Harris with Malcolm Denslow the runner-up.
Andy Spiller lifted the David Crompton Cup with Malcolm Denslow the runner-up and the Non Winners Cup was landed by Roger Legg with Pat Whitworth the runner-up.
- 1 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 2 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 5 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 East Devon Property of the Week
- 9 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors
- 10 When a waffle is good for your health
In the ladies’ pairs there was a win for the duo of Alison Glyde and Margaret Brown with Jean Kesterton and Pat Whitworth the runners-up.
In the men’s pairs the winners were Andy Spiller and Steven Apsey with the runners-up being Andy Curtis and Howard Keep.
The Joy Lintott Trophy was won by Ann Clayton and Phil White with Margaret Crompton and Brenda Edwards the runners-up.
The ladies’ invitation was won by Alison Glyde and Paul Moffitt with the runners-up being Phil White and David Harris,
All concerned at Axminster Bowls Club would like to thank Andy Spiller for organising the competitions and also Jean Kesterton and Pam Hunter for organising the catering and the draw.