Axminster enjoy seven shot success over visiting Severals
- Credit: Archant
Axminster’s bowlers were victors in the one friendly they were able to play recently, writes David Harris.
In an entertaining meeting with visiting Severals, the home side won 63-56 with wins for John Packham, Pam Clark, Ken Webster, and Margaret Crompton (20-15), Daphne Ryan, Margaret Brown, Joan Quick, and Brian Clark (13-10) and Eve Cole Pam Hunter, George Mabon, and Les Clark (14-13).
The remaining rink of Morrison Brown, Barbara Mowatt, Anne Burn, and Ken Quick lost narrowly (18-16).
Unfortunately, Feniton were unable to raise a side for the one other scheduled friendly.
There were a couple of Exeter and District Ovcer-60s League matches played.
You may also want to watch:
There was a close encounter with visiting Madeira who returned to Exmouth with asingle shot, 30-29 success. In this match there was a tie for the rink of Tony Cable, George Mabon, and Bob Sherborne and a one shot defeat for Howard Keep, David Harris, and Doug Looskan!
A visit to Exonia resulted in a 42-31 reversal, despite an excellent 19-16 success for George Mabon, Howard Keep, and Bob Sherborne (19-16).
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
Last, but certainly not least, the Captain’s Day event was thoroughly enjoyable as was an excellent meal prepared by ladies’ captain Ann Clayton.
The meal was followed by a roll-up that was played in glorious weather.