Axminster four-wood indoor titles for Doug Looskan and Margaret Crompton
- Credit: Archant
Axminster indoor bowlers completed another season with the club finals weekend, writes David Harris.
The men’s four-wood singles was won by Doug Looskan, with Malcolm Denslow as the runner-up.
In the ladies’ four-wood singles, Margaret Crompton took the honours with Gill Campbell the runner-up.
The men’s four-wood drawn pairs saw success for Malcolm Denslow and Norman Denslow, who defeated Reg Crouch and Mike Knight in the final.
The ladies’ four-wood drawn pairs ended in victory for Valerie Mellor and Margaret Brown, who defeated Margaret Crompton and Brenda Edwards in the final.
You may also want to watch:
Ann Clayton won the David Crompton Vase, defeating Mick Henneghan in the final while the Open Pairs final was won by Brian Clark and Valerie Mellor with the runners-up being Alfie Day and Said Milburn.
In the ladies’ invitation competition, the winners were the pairing of Phil White and David Harris and the runners-up were Margaret Crompton and Keith Jolley.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 What are you going to throw at us this year? - Furrowed Brow
Last, but certainly not least, the Non-Winners Cup was won by Adam Dredge with the runner-up being Brian Cursley.