Axminster golfer’s ace means a top watch
- Credit: Archant
An Axminster golfer will have no excuse for missing his next tee-time after winning a limited-edition BOSS watch for achieving a hole-in-one.
Keith Gibson, 67, scored his ace – using a six-iron – on the 177-yard, par-three third at Lyme Regis GC, and the five-handicapper was rewarded with membership of the exclusive BOSS Watches H1Club and a specially-commissioned, commemorative timepiece.
He said: “This was my first hole-in-one after more than 40 years of playing golf and it has brought my handicap down to the lowest it’s ever been.”
The luxury German brand has once again pledged to reward club golfers with an exclusive watch for every hole-in-one recorded during a club competition in 2015, after giving away more than £1m-worth of limited-edition timepieces since its launch in 2013 – and Gibson is among the latest to achieve the feat this year.
The scheme is open to any golfer whose club uses HowDidiDo – a free-to-use, web-based social network for golfers – and anybody playing in official club competitions is eligible. Currently, more than 1,800 clubs use the website.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Brydon, commercial director for MGS Distribution, the official licenced UK distributor for BOSS Watches, said: “Well done to Keith for accomplishing one of golf’s most elusive feats.
“For most amateur golfers, a hole-in-one is as memorable as winning The Masters would be to a professional. We want to ensure they have something tangible by which to remember the day, other than an expensive bar bill.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 3 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 8 Riding through the lockdown restrictions
- 9 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 10 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
“The limited-edition BOSS timepiece is exclusively available to golfers who achieve a hole-in-one; it not only immortalises a once-in-a-lifetime feat, but also serves as a memento of their achievement.
“We also hope it might lift the spirits of amateur golfers during club competitions who may not be in with a chance of winning the event, but can still feel excitement every time they play a par-three, knowing they are just one shot away from winning an exquisite timepiece.”
In addition to the limited-edition watch, Gibson joins more than 7,000 members in the BOSS Watches H1Club which offers access to exclusive benefits and merchandise.
No extra registration is required to participate in the BOSS Watches promotion as all official club competitions are recorded on the HowDidiDo system, so holes-in-one are noted and automatically ratified by the golfer’s club.