Axminster III bag a tie at Cheriton Fitzpaine and it’s down to Gadsden the great.
Axminster IIIs Dave Gadsden was the star of the show in his sides thrilling tie at Cheriton Fitzpaine.
The Mid Devon side were level with the Axminster total of 191 with two wickets still to play with when Gadsden claimed both without a run being added.
That left Gadsden with impressive figures of 7-75. Earlier Peter Kai hit 69 and Simon Flint 19 in the Axe men’s innings.
On Saturday Axminster travel to Kilmington for an East Devon derby.
Axminster 1st XI were forced to settle for 10 points when their B Division game at Barnstaple & Pilton was weather hit.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Wraight (4-44) and Matthew Pyle (3-53) had combined as Barum closed on 226-8.
With Rob Walker (25) and Dan Murnane (21) back in the pavilion, skipper Paul Miller was going well, unbeaten on 37 with the reply well placed at 99-2 when the rain took charge.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
On Saturday Axminster travel to Lewdown.