Axminster indoor bowlers sink Dunkeswell with wins on all rinks played
After having our first three fixtures cancelled for various reasons we got off to a good start with a 67-39 shot win at home to Dunkeswell with wins on all rinks, writes David Harris.
John Hill, Pam Clark, Ann Clayton, and Jean Kesterton won 22-7 whilst Morrison Brown, Derek Pheby, Brenda Raistrick, and Sheila Martin won 22-14 and Phil White, Margaret Brown, David Harris, and Brian Clark claimed a 23-18 success.
We then lost a very fluctuating game at Sidmouth (52-61) with our only winners being David Harris, Ann Clayton, Pat Whitworth, and Bob Sherborne (15-14) – a really excellent match!
On Wednesday we played Plymouth in our first County Over-60s match of the Season, but lost 67-87 in what was a fairly tight match with the score rather flattering he opposition!
Our best effort came from the away rink of John Packham, Eric Skeemer, Bob Sherborne, and Charlie Barber who won 20-17.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies started their Season with a friendly triples match away to a very strong Madeira team and were beaten 39-62 with only Jo Barnish, Alison Glyde, and Margaret Crompton managing a win (17-13).
The last of the Outdoor Bowls Club Finals, delayed owing to illness, have at last been played with Margaret Crompton and Marion Harris beating Margaret Brown and Joan Quick in the Ladies 4-wood drawn pairs and Phil White and John Chance defeating Margaret Crompton and John Hill in the 3-wood drawn mixed pairs.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
We held our Annual Dinner and Presentation Evening at the Lyme Regis Golf Club last week when forty members and friends enjoyed a splendid evening.