Axminster ladies have mixed fortunes in two meetings with Honiton ladies
- Credit: Archant
Axminster ladies have enjoyed two matches with Honiton ladies over the past week with one win each, writes David Harris.
The first game at Honiton was won 67-53 by the home side with Sue Cox, Joan Quick, Alison Glyde, and Margaret Crompton the only Axminster winners with a 23-8 success.
The next meeting was a triples contest at Honiton which was won 49-44.
Jo Barnish, Ann Clayton, and Judith Moffitt won their encounter 23-16 whilst the other rinks of Phil White, Jan Parsons, and Alison Glyde and Sue Rowe, Chris Todd, and Margaret Crompton both lost by just one shot!
Axminster men had an excellent win at home to Devon County Indoor Bowls Association Vice Presidents beating them 76-39 with wins on all rinks.
You may also want to watch:
Malcolm Denslow, Martin Apsey, Howard Keep, and Paul Moffitt (29-9), Steven Apsey, Gerald Knott, David Harris, and Brian Clark (24-9), and John Hill, Derek Pheby, Neil Solomon, and Bob Sherborne (23-21).
However, in the Devon County Over-60s League the men were well beaten when they went down 112-63 to Kingsley with only the home rink of Arther Stone, Roger Legg, Paul Moffitt, and John Gough managing a win (26-11).
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 5 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 6 Major accolade for driving school
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world
In the mixed friendlies, Bridport got revenge for a defeat at Axminster earlier in the season with a similar score, winning 91-57.
There were no Axminster winners, but Phil White, Morrison Brown, David Harris, and Ann Clayton were unlucky to lose by one shot on the last end! Unfortunately Yeovil were unable to raise a side for the other scheduled mixed friendly fixture.
Last, but certainly not least a round-robin competition was held on Captain’s Day and it was won by Brenda Edwards for the ladies with Doug Hislop being the top gentleman.