Axminster ladies set for big bowls final at Torbay on Friday
- Credit: Archant
Many congratulations to our Ladies’ Triples team of Phil White, Ann Clayton and Marion Harris who won their section final in the County Benevolent Triples Cup and now play Barnstaple in the full county quarter-finals, writes David Harris.
That final is being played on Friday (August 30) at Torbay.
Axminster have already accounted for teams from Honiton, Phear Park, two teams from Madeira, and Sidmouth in the competition to date!
In club friendly matches we lost at home to Kingsteignton (71-89) with our only winners being Margaret Brown, David Harris, and Sheila Martin (20-8) before losing at Wrington (62-86) again with solitary winners in Pam Hunter, William Cook, Ken Quick, and Stephen Apsey (26-20).
We then beat Lyme Regis at home (115-59) with wins for Pam Clark, Muriel Smith, Stephen Apsey, and Bob Sherborne (38-11), John Hill, Ken Quick, Ann Clayton, and Marion Harris (31-9), and Joan Quick, William Cook, Howard Keep, and Margaret Crompton (30-12).
You may also want to watch:
A special word of praise for 14-year-old Stephen Apsey who has come on in leaps and bounds this season and has actually got himself into five inter-club finals besides being a member of the Monday Evening Leagues’ winning team! Well done, Stephen!
In the Over- 60s County League we narrowly lost (22-18) at St. Thomas (Exeter) despite the efforts of Sid Milburn, Alan Taylor, and Frank Bridge who came from 2-9 down to win 22-18.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Our other game against Okehampton was cancelled as they were unable to raise a side!