Axminster make disappointing start to new term
Axminster made a poor start to their season with defeats for both 1st and 2nd XI’s whilst there was insufficient numbers to field a third XI who now begin the season with a minus ten points penalty.
Axminster went down by 81 runs at Barton where the home side mustered 216-6 with Nick Taylor claiming four wickets for 39 runs. Ryan Walker then top scored in the reply with 34 as Axminster were bundled out for 135.
Axminster II went down by three wickets at home to Kentisbeare II.
Shaun Perry (25) and Danny Bignall (20) were the principle run scorers in a total of 113 all out, passed for the loss of seven wickets by the Mid Devon side.
Steve Fuzzard took 4-26 whilst Dave Hayball returned the splendid figures of 2-7 from six overs.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday Axminster’s 1st XI host Thorverton, the 2nd XI go to Whimple and the 3rd XI entertain Halberton and Sampford Peverell II.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery