Axminster men begin new outdoor season well
- Credit: Archant
The Axminster men started their outdoor season well in the Exeter and District Over 60s League with an excellent win at home to Starcross, writes David Harris.
In a 47-22 success both rinks bagged healthy victories.
David Harris, John Hill, and Bob Sherborne were 24-10 winners whilst Mike Preston, Sid Milburn, and Howard Keep won 23-12.
The Ladies found it difficult in their first game of the season on grass at Lyme Regis and were soundly beaten 72-28 with no winning rinks, but they all thoroughly enjoyed their afternoon.
On Saturday Axminster saw the annual ladies’ versus Gentlemen match which saw the fairer sex coming out on top by just one shot (65-64)!
You may also want to watch:
The game was played in ideal conditions with an excellent turnout of twenty-eight members and lots of banter!
A special word of thanks to Betty Hudson and Phil Bolwell who provided the ‘tea and biscuits’ as indeed they do for most of the games.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
Last week I omitted to include the Ladies’ Pairs Final result in the final report of the indoor campaign. This was indeed won by Ann Clayton and Phil White who had a walkover against Chris Todd and Margaret Crompton who were unavailable - my apologies!