Axminster men suffer poor run of results
- Credit: Archant
Axminster men have suffered a very poor period being knocked out of both the county competitions by Honiton and being beaten convincingly in the county Over 60’s League by North Tawton, writes David Harris.
First we lost in the Foxlands (25-51) and Top Club (1-4) Competitions at Honiton with our only small success being a tie in the triples discipline in the latter – John Hill, David Harris, and Tony Cable managing a 15-15 tie!
Unfortunately, Tiverton Borough were unable to raise a side for our home match this week in the Over-60s League!
However, we did a little better in the mixed friendlies winning two of the three matches played. First we beat Dunkeswell 66-57 at home. In a tight game there were wins for Joan Quick, David Harris, and Sheila Martin (23-7) and Pam Clark, Ken Quick, and Margaret Crompton (19-14).
Next up Seaton gained sweet revenge for their early season defeat at Axminster with a resounding 132-44 home win!
You may also want to watch:
We then came back strongly to beat Honiton at home in a triples match (96-46) with wins on all rinks; Brian Clark, Derek Pheby, and Les Clark (30-12), John Hill, Alan Taylor, and Ann Clayton (27-12), Alan Brown, Steven Apsey, and Bob Sherborne (21-11), and Pam Clark, David Harris, and Margaret Crompton (18-11).
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home