Axminster mixed team bowl to victory in close encounter with Taunton Deane
- Credit: Archant
Axminster bowlers were involved in a thrilling mixed friendly at home to Taunton Deane, writes David Harris.
At the end of a close encounter, Axminster held a single shot lead at 52-51.
In the match there was a 17-15 win for the rink of Morrison Brown, Les Clark, and Alan Gyngell, a 16-9 win for John Hill, Margaret Brown, and James Windsor, and a 13-9 win for Jack Hare, David Harris, and George Mabon.
That win followed another mixed friendly; a trip to Seaton that saw Axminster beaten 77-61, this despite winning on two of the four rinks that were contested.
The two successful Axminster rinks were: Anne Burn, Alfie Day, and Ken Quick (24-11) and John Hill, David Harris, and James Windsor (21-12).
You may also want to watch:
The Over-60s men's triples league team were edged out by just two shots on their visit to Topsham. They lost the match 37-35 despite a fine 16-14 win for John Ellis, David Harris, and Alfie Day.
However, the team bounced back to defeat visiting Chardstock 47-38 thanks to a 24-14 success for John Ellis, David Harris, and Doug Looskan (24-14) and this result returns the team to the top of the table.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The men's team also did well to overcome Budleigh in the county Top Club competition with success in three disciplines, a tie, and a one shot defeat in the others.