Axminster net first win of B Division season.
Axminster landed a first win of the B Division season, beating visiting Bideford by 42 runs.
Johnny Hurford (52), Joel Seward (32) and Steven Wakeley (24no) provided the bulk of the Cloakham Lawn sides runs as they closed on 185-9.
Alex Wraight (3-18), Dan Fuzzard (2-11) and Nick Taylor (2-25) then combined to bundle the North Devon side out for 143.
Five games into the campaign and Axminster sit eighth with 43 points.
On Saturday they travel to face a Braunton side that will start the day sitting two places and 13 points better off.
You may also want to watch:
There was more good news last week for Axminster with the news that former Devon Under-21 spinner Dave Field has been signed for the remainder of this season.
Field was originally with Seaton and came up through the age-groups with Devon going on to play for the under-21s’ side that lost the 2033 County Championship to Derbyshire at Derby!
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 6 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
Devon regulars Trevor Anning, David Lye and Rob Holman were in that side that day.
A further boost at Cloakham Lawns is the news that Robbie Prior may yet play some part in this season’s action.
The seamer has had knee surgery and Axminster skipper Tristan Wakeley says: Rob has had his surgery and is due to start rehab this week. Hopefully we will see him in some form of action before the end of the campaign,”