Axminster Reserves edged out by two late University strikes
- Credit: Archant
Exeter University 3, Axminster Town Reserves 2 The Tigers second string finally returned to action after a six week lay-off, playing on aptly named Salmon Pool pitch in Exeter.
The surface was very heavy and, for the opening 20 minutes the University side barely got a touch of the ball as the Tigers played it around.
Sadly, their finishing did not match their approach! The Students took the lead, against the run of play when they seized on a mix-up between keeper and defender.
The equaliser arrived after 27 minutes when good work by Andrew Gage was finished off in style by Paul Dudley.
The games next goal did not arrive until the 65th minute when Adam Whitehouse was put through and he calmly slotted the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The Tigers then began to look leg weary and two goals in five minutes late on consigned them to a 3-2 defeat.
In the last minute the ball was hacked clear off the student’s line to deny the Tigers a point.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
There’s no game for the Tigers this coming Saturday, they return to action the week after when they play a quick return University.