Axminster stay in deep trouble after Barum defeat
- Credit: Archant
Axminster were beaten by four wickets on their visit to Barnstaple and Pilton for the meeting between the C Division East’s bottom two sides.
Axminster batted first and their cause was not helped by the fact that no fewer than six of their batsmen recorded single figure scores!
Only Matthew Pile (42), Paul Miller (30), Max Felgate (29) and opener Alan Ostler (13), managed to get into double figures as the Axemen, who only had 10 men on duty, were bowled out for 153 in 42.4 overs.
Barum had little difficulty in sailing in home in just 33.4 overs and for the loss of only four wickets.
Matt Pile completed a fine all-round effort with figures of 1-35 from six overs and the other two Axminster bowlers to bag success were Harry Felgate (1-22 from 4-4 overs) and Alex Wraight (1-44 from nine).
You may also want to watch:
The defeat leaves the Axemen sitting second bottom of the table with six games of the campaign remaining.
This Saturday (July 30) they host mid-table Kilmington who they thrashed by nine wickets when the sides met earlier in the season.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery