Axminster Town in seventh heaven on visit to Liverton
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Just seven days after being surprisingly beaten at Tiger Way by Liverton, Axminster Town travelled for a swift return meeting with the South Devon side and thumped them 7-0 on their own turf.
The Tigers had won seven of their 15 league outings before the game at Liverton, but only twice had recorded a win by more than a single goal – the occasions being a 3-1 home success against St Martins and a 2-0 home triumph over Appledore.
Aaron Daniels took the scoring honours as he netted a hat-trick and the other Town goals were scored by four different players; Sam Dibling, Tony Pinder, Charlie Skilton, Jamie Barfoot.
The win lifts the Tigers to sixth in the table and they have four more games to complete their 2017 schedule and so have a real opportunity to end the year in a lofty table position that would suggest a possible promotion challenge in 2018!
On Saturday (December 16) the Tigers are again on the road and once more in action in South Devon with a visit to Galmpton and Roselands.
You may also want to watch:
They then have a December 23 home meeting with Sidmouth before a Boxing Day trip to Honiton Town and they end the year’s action with a December 30 visit to St Martins.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief