Axminster Town Reserves net clean sheet pre-season success over Forton Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves made a winning start under new manager Dan Prettejohn as they won a pre-season friendly against Forton Rangers.
The Tigers second string, a new team at Tiger Way, were quickly into their stride and the Perry St League visitors had no answer to the pace and passing of the home side.
Goals from Sam Winslade, Tom Barnes and Tom Edwards, saw the Tigers into a 3-0 lead just 25 minutes into the contest.
There were to be no further goals scored which meant a clean sheet for Tigers’ goalkeeper Jack Trevisic.
However, Axminister Town second team boss Dan Prettejohn was not over enthused with the entire 90 minutes show from his side.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Without wanting to sound like a hard task master it was a competent show, but we will need to be more ruthless in front of goal when we get into league action.
“That said, to be fair to the lads, pre-season games with the number of changes you inevitably make, never allow a team to really get any momentum going.
- 1 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 4 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 5 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 East Devon Property of the Week
- 8 Family campaigns to fund flower barn at 'paradise' site
- 9 When a waffle is good for your health
- 10 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
“All in all, I have to be pleased with a clean sheet and a three-goal margin of success in what was the first game for many of the lads for a long while owing to the Coronavirus pandemic and the early end to last season.”