Axminster Town Reserves net clean sheet pre-season success over Forton Rangers
- Credit: Archant
Upottery Reserves made a winning start under new manager Dan Prettejohn as they won a pre-season friendly against Forton Rangers.
The Tigers second string, a new team at Tiger Way, were quickly into their stride and the Perry St League visitors had no answer to the pace and passing of the home side.
Goals from Sam Winslade, Tom Barnes and Tom Edwards, saw the Tigers into a 3-0 lead just 25 minutes into the contest.
There were to be no further goals scored which meant a clean sheet for Tigers’ goalkeeper Jack Trevisic.
However, Axminister Town second team boss Dan Prettejohn was not over enthused with the entire 90 minutes show from his side.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Without wanting to sound like a hard task master it was a competent show, but we will need to be more ruthless in front of goal when we get into league action.
“That said, to be fair to the lads, pre-season games with the number of changes you inevitably make, never allow a team to really get any momentum going.
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Hourly weekday services resume on East Devon rail link
- 3 End of online meetings leaves councils with a dilemma
- 4 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 5 Roadmap out of pandemic cheers Charter Day organisers
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Have your say on future development of village
- 8 Good to see the Chiefs' stars get their Lions' share for coveted tour
- 9 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 10 Mark thanks Scouts for helping in the battle to beat polio
“All in all, I have to be pleased with a clean sheet and a three-goal margin of success in what was the first game for many of the lads for a long while owing to the Coronavirus pandemic and the early end to last season.”