Axminster Town set for tough task at Galmpton
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town will be trying to do what no other South West Peninsula League (SWPL) Eastern Division side has done so far this season when they travel to South Devon to meet Galmpton United on Saturday (February 20).
The Tigers will be seeking to be the first team to defeat Galmpton since Tony Bowker took over as manager in early December.
Galmpton’s improvement since Bowker took charge has been tremendous and last Saturday – when they were one of just two teams to stage an SWPL game – they defeated Exwick Villa 5-2. Since Bowker’s appointment following a 3-0 defeat to Alphington, Galmpton have won three and drawn one of the four games they have played.
The Tigers have played twice this year and were last in action on January 30 when they were beaten 3-0 by Tiverton Town Reserves.
Town Reserves have only eight games remaining in their Fresha League Division Four season. On Saturday they chalk off another one when they visit Fluxton.
You may also want to watch:
The Town third team have even fewer to play – just five – and on Saturday they, like the Reserves, stay in East Devon when they visit Newton Poppleford.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief