Axminster Town start new league season at Teignmouth Town on Saturday
Axminster Town begin a new season of South West Peninsula League football this coming weekend.
The Tigers will launch their Eastern Division campaign in South Devon with a visit to Teignmouth Town.
The Tigers, once again under the management of the experienced Gary McCauley, can go into the new term in good spirit and, of course, before the season is out they will be fully encamped at their magnificent new home!
In a recent pre-season game they comfortably put Colyton to the sword to the tune of a 5-1 score line with goals from Peter Knox, Gary Warren, Ben Turner, Alex Wheatley and an own goal.
A friendly with Bridport ended in a narrow defeat by the odd goal in five with the Town goals scored by Adam Cowling and Ollie Highet.
You may also want to watch:
Town have a run of away games as their new pitch continues to bed in. They are back in action on the second Saturday of the season with a visit to new boys St Martins and then return to Exeter for their first midweek engagement when they travel to Alphington on August 20.
Three days later they are in East Devon derby action at Budleigh Salterton.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 6 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
Off the pitch Town have arranged a club linesman’s course being held at their old Sector Lane clubhouse next Monday (August 11) at 6.30pm.
The club would be delighted to hear from any individuals who would like to attend the course and indeed get involved with the Tigers.
Axminster Town secretary Matt Hewer can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Town’s second team have a pre-season game next Thursday (August 14) when they visit Colyton Reserves for a 6.30pm kick-off.