Axminster Town suffer surprise home defeat
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town suffered a miserable first Saturday of December as they slipped to a third home defeat of the season, beaten 1-0 by Liverton.
What made the defeat all the more painful was that the visitors had played six away league games prior to their visit to Tiger Way – and lost the lot!
Mind you, Town could not have done much more in the contest and the fact that Liverton centre back Josh Cawsey was named Man of the Match underlines the fact that the Tigers could, and arguably should, have got something out of the contest.
The only of the game had an element of good fortune about it as a favourable bounce cut out the Town defenders and was touched home to see the South Devon side to their first away success of the season and consign Town to a first defeat since a late October loss at Alphington.
Town have an immediate chance to get their revenge when they travel to South Devon on Saturday (December 2) to meet Liverton in a swift return match. The Tigers are back in South Devon the week after with a visit to Galmpton and Roselands before their next home game, the December 23 Tiger Way game against Sidmouth Town.
You may also want to watch:
In a busy final month of the year, Town are also in Boxing Day action at Honiton Town before the bring the curtain down on 2017 action with a December 30 trip to St Martins.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott