Axminster Town youth Fun Day proves a huge hit
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Town Football Club held a highly successful youth and junior event last weekend.
Tiger Way was awash with youngsters all enjoying plenty of fun as the Tigers opened their doors for a Fun Day event.
The occasion was also used to recruit new members and the club were delighted that 12 new youngsters signed up to enjoy the quality coaching that the club are offering.
Town chairman Ray Self said: “It was a terrific day all round. We were really pleased with the number attending and, as well as the 12 youngsters who did signed up to be with us there were lots of other enquires as more and more local residents come and see at first hand what we have to offer at Tiger Way. We are keen to be seen as not just a football club. We’d like to become a hub for the Town and the community.”
The Tigers continue to see a manager for their reserve side that will, like the Town third team, be playing in the Macron Devon and Exeter League this coming season.
You may also want to watch:
All the players are in place, but what is urgently needed is someone to manage the team.
Town chairman Ray Self can be contacted on 07747488111.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Self is also keen to recruit a new commercial manager. There’s certainly plenty of scope for someone to work with at Tiger Way where there are ground boards, programme advertising and clubhouse marketing opportunities, not to mention a large home crowd attending the Town fixtures.
Once again, anyone wanting to know more about the position and just what is involved can contact Self on that 07747488111 phone number.