Axminster triple triumph against Isca
Axminster bowlers have been enjoying a good ruin in recent mixed friendlies, writes David Harris.
In the past three matches two have been won and the other drawn.
First up was a tied triples match at home to Donyatt (52-52) with winning rinks of Morrison Brown, Chris Todd, and Jean Kesterton (18-11) and Joan Quick, John Hill, and Ann Clayton (21-19).
Next up Dunkeswell visited and departed with a 76-38 defeat with Axminster claiming success on all rinks – Brenda Raistrick, Norman Copland, David Harris, and Brian Clark (27-10), Morrison Brown, Lilian Lovatt, Derek Phebey, and Margaret Crompton (28-12), and Margaret Brown, John Hill, Pam Hunter, and Les Clark (21-16).
A trip to Yeovil produced a close encounter, eventually won 60-57.
You may also want to watch:
There was a fine 33-12 triumph for Daphne Ryan, Brenda Raistrick, David Harris and Bob Sherborne (33-12).
The Men’s Over-60s team suffered at the hands of the strong Torquay side in the Devon League, going down 67-112 with only the home rink of Roger Legg, Frank Bridge, Doug Looskan, and Paul Moffitt managing a win, (25-17).
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
On the first Friday of the month an Axminster triples team of John Packham, George Mabon, and Bob Sherborne played for the Devon Vice-Presidents team against ISCA and, despite the strong opposition, managed a creditable 21-16 victory - win (21-16) - well done them!
Last, but certainly not least the Annual pre-Christmas round-robin competition was held last Sunday (December 15) with the overall winner being Diana Courtenay-Smith whilst Eric Skeemer was the top gentleman!
The afternoon was enjoyed by all with an excellent buffet organised by ladies’ captain Jean Kesterton to round things off!