Axminster unable to launch new season with first game as opposition can’t raise a team!
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Bowls club got their 2013 outdoor season underway last weekend with the grand opening of the rinks, writes David Harris.
Lady president Lilian Lovatt was on hand to send the first wood away and this was followed by the annual ‘Roll-up’ which was enjoyed by some 25 members.
Unfortunately our first match scheduled for this weekend was cancelled at the last minute as the opposition were unable to raise a team!
The club are always delighted to welcome new members and anyone who would like to join a most friendly bunch, whether experienced bowlers of complete novices.
There’s tuition for starters in the sport held on Tuesday evenings at the club from 6.30pm through to 8pm with the first Tuesday night session on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
Foe more information on all tings Axminster Bowls call 34175.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 6 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding