Banister back with victory at Axe Cliff
The Axe Cliff seniors contested their August medal with a field of 32, writes Janet Dack.
Included among the starters, and making his comeback after an enforced absence, was Jack Bannister (25) and he made up for lost time by recording the winning score of 68 nett.
Two shots behind and in second place was Rob Grove (16) with a level par 70 nett, while two players returned scores of 71 with third place on countback going to Nick Povey (19).
Mike Jamieson (25) was the player to miss out on the prizes. There was just one two scored by Norman Bowles.
Exminster were the visitors for and inter-club match and the team avenged the defeat suffered at Exminster a month ago by winning four-and-two.
You may also want to watch:
The winning pairings for Axe Cliff were Tony Strong and Peter Knighting, David Weston and Geoff Hubbard, Rob Heard and Gilbert Cox together with Chris Jowett and Bill Polley.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis