Barrett and Genders at the double as Town go four points clear
- Credit: Archant
Honiton Town are now four points clear at the top of the Macron League Premier Division after a stunning 4-0 win a second-in-the-table Newtown.
The macron League ‘Match of the Day’ was expected to be a close encounter, but the Hippos powered their way through the 90 minutes to win in some style – and comfort.
The goals came from Aidan Barrett (2) and Tim Genders (2).
The two sides meet again next Saturday (March 18) at Mountbatten Park when, if Town can win again, they will end the day seven points clear with just six games to go.
With them then playing third placed Elmore the week after the Hippos have a great chance to end the month of March needing just eight points from their final five games to be crowned Macron League champions.
You may also want to watch:
Make sure of a copy of the Midweek Herald (out next on Wednesday, March 15) for the best match report and post match comment fro then Hippos camp.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 3 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding