Batey blasts big-hitting ton in Uplyme & Lyme Regis win
- Credit: Archant
Uplyme & Lyme Regis continue to boss Tier Five East East Three after a fourth successive win, this one an eight-wicket victory at home to Axminster.
The visitors were invited to bat and they found it tough going as they laboured to a close of 143-3 after 40 overs.
Dan Murnane carried his bat throughout the innings to finish unbeaten on 48 and the ‘best of the rest’ were knocks of 28, from Brad Conway and an unbeaten 26 from Benjamin Webb.
Steve Batey (2-15) and Joe Elsworthy (1-25) claimed the wickets for the home side.
Batey then turned chief tormentor of the Axemen with the bat as he rifled a powerful 111 from just 48 deliveries, thumping eight sixes and a dozen fours.
You may also want to watch:
Such was his dominance of the action that an eight-wicket win was sealed inside 18 overs!
Alfie Jaques (14) and Mark Batey (14) were the other home batsmen into double figures while Matt Chenery (2-54) was the successful Honiton bowler.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Roy Hart from Honiton
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Candidates revealed in race for district council seats
- 4 Major accolade for driving school
- 5 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 6 We won't be truly safe until we have a global vaccine programme
- 7 The joy of gving something back
- 8 4 common roofing problems and how you can fix them
- 9 Phillips wins the bogey comp at Honiton Golf Club
- 10 Village celebration will ring out around world