Batey brothers bat Uplyme and Lyme Regis to a fourteeenth straight win
Uplyme and Lyme Regis are the new leaders of the E Division after a whopping ten wicket win at Upottery.
A one –sided East Devon derby saw the hosts bundled out for just 116, passed at a canter with just the one wicket down by the visitor’s.
Gary Kennard top scored with 28 in the Upottery innings whilst visiting skipper Ashley Caddy picked up 4-22.
The Batey brothers then saw their side to a nine wicket triumph and it made for a brace of jugs post match for their teammates as Steve finished 51not out and Mark was unbeaten on 50 when the win was confirmed.
Uplyme have now won their last 14 matches and this season have bowled out the opposition in their three games each time for less than 140!
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Caddy said: “We are in good shape right now and enjoying our cricket.”
Uplyme take an 11 point lead into Saturday’s meeting with third placed Kentisbeare.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis