Batey knock and Farrow wickets see Uplyme & Lyme Regis to victory at Honiton
- Credit: Archant
Uplyme & Lyme Regis were 89-run winners when they visited Honiton to contest a Tier Five East East Three fixture.
After winning the toss, Uplyme lost opener Tyler Wellman – who had already scored three centuries this season – without troubling the scorers.
However, Mark Batey then top scored with 96 and there were contributions from Joe Elsworth (37), Alfie Jaques (35) and Sam Farrow (26no) as Uplyme closed on 229-5.
Willy Graham was the most successful Honiton bowler with a return of 2-47 and there were single wickets for James Matravers, Alan Ostler and Ian Kelly.
When Honiton batted they only had three players into double figures and only one of their batsmen bettered the 28 extras that they were given by the bowling side!
You may also want to watch:
Kieran Conway top scored with 37 and the other two to register double figure knocks were Rob Ingram (13) and Will Graham (19).
Fourth change Sam Farrow did the bulk of the damage with figures of 4-29 and there were two wickets each for Harvey Brimmacombe and Sam Wooster.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters