Beer and District SAA set to hold a 50-hour Fish-a-thon this month
- Credit: Archant
The Beer and District Sea Angling Association are set to hold a 50-hour Fish-a-thon.
The event, held to raise find for the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital Neonatal unit, takes place on June 21 to 23..
Chris Sweetland says: The unit is a cause close to our hearts and as this is our 50th year we’d like to try and raise as much as we can for them.”
He continued: “We are collecting sponsorships at the moment, and will also have buckets to collect in during the event. We plan to have a zone during the event where members of the public can simply turn up and have a go at sea fishing for themselves. That will be available on the Saturday and will be followed by a free sea food barbecue held on the Sunday, that’s if we catch anything of course!”
The Sea Angling Association hope as many people as possible both get involved and indeed provide sponsorship for the event.
You may also want to watch:
You can find out more about the Fish-a-thon by calling Chris Sweetland on 07875558037.
- 1 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 2 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 3 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 4 The amazing Axminster of 57 years ago
- 5 Podium return for Axe Valley Pedaller
- 6 Lions issue appeal for new members to help fundraising projects
- 7 Property of the Week: Tansee Hill, Thorncombe
- 8 When a waffle is good for your health
- 9 East Devon Property of the Week
- 10 Bid to remove traveller site restriction rejected by councillors