Beer bag the points at home of the Robins
Beer Albion were 2-0 winners at Budleigh Salterton in their latest Fresha League outing.
Goals either side of the break by Matty Rowson and Justin Adkin sealed the points for the Fishermen, who are now seventh in the top flight, just five points short of the top three berths
Rowson’s goal came after a first half sharp passing move and he then turned provider in the second half, playing a delightful ball through for Adkin to run onto and apply a polished finish.
Boss Phil Crabb said: “They (Budleigh) are a lively young side and have lots of attack minded players and so it was a good test. I am delighted with both our overall game and the fact we kept a clean sheet.”
Steve Jones was the goalkeeper once again in sparkling form and his save, when the Fishermen held a single goal advantage, was crucial. Moments after the save, the ball was switched to the opposite end of the Greenway Lane pitch and tucked away by Justin Adkin!
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday Beer take on Staverton and Landscove of the South Devon League in the Third Round of the Graddon Vending Devon Premier Cup.
The hosts sit second bottom of the South Devon League Premier Division having won one and lost six of their first seven games this season. Last time out they were beaten 5-3 at home by Kingskerswell and Chelston.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Crabb says: “I’m not one of those who see the Cups as a distraction. For me it’s very much a case of it being another game and winning is a great habit to get into and that’s what we’ll be looking to do in South Devon on Saturday.”