Beer storm back to net three Fresha Premier retaining status points at Topsham Town
- Credit: Archant
Topsham Town 4, Beer Albion 5 The Fishermen served up a superb second half performance to power back from 3-1 down and edge a thriller at Topsham.
Coming as it did hot on the heels of an Easter Saturday 1-1 draw with Seaton Town, it means that Beer’s place amongst the Fresha league elite is guaranteed for another season.
Saturday’s derby had seen Beer reduced to ten-men after juts twenty minutes and they were good value for their late equaliser from John Cooper to earn a share of the spoils.
Easter Monday’s game at Topsham was befitting of the date! A crazy game saw the Fishermen 2-0 down then 3-1 behind at the break. Three minutes into the second half it was 3-3 only for the home side to bag a 4-3 lead.
The Fishermen were not done and went on to first level and then bag a winner.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Long and Richard Walker both bagged brace s and James Melville also netted.
Beer boss Phil Crabb said: “After the exploits of the derby with Seaton the April 1, game was bizarre! In patches we were at our best and yet, in the dame game, we also had periods of being our absolute worst! Credit must go to the players who collectively, when they got it right at Topsham, got it very right and the four points over Easter makes sure we will line up in this section again next season. In that respect the season’s work is done! Now it’s a case of seeing out the remaining games, hopefully with a smile on our faces.”
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 8 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
On Saturday Beer entertain Feniton.