Bidmead leads Honiton runners home at Otterton Reindeer Run
- Credit: Archant
Six Honiton runners braved strong winds to take part in the 2015 Otterton Reindeer Run organised by Sidmouth Running Club, writes Judy Davey.
Starting at Otterton church, the race made its way along lanes and muddy fields which had runners battling against the wind.
However, there were breathtaking views across Lyme Bay before the runners headed back towards Otterton along the River Otter.
Howard Bidmead and Roger Saunders ran the first part of the race together before Howard pulled away and finished strongly coming in 31st in 47 minutes 35 seconds.
Roger was not far behind in 44th place in a time of 50.54. Linda Pike came next in 87th place 56.10. Wendy Williams 154th 1.05.54. Rachael Handmpsa 162nd in 1.07.03.
You may also want to watch:
Nicola Greenland 169th in 1.09.09 and Teresa Pollard in 170th place in 1.19.10.
The race was won by Graham Hill from Sidmouth in 39.20. There were 211 finishers.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020