Blackburn and Sharland win Tuesday Mixed at Honiton
The Tuesday Mixed was contested on some stunning greens, writes Andy Wagner.
The ground-staff are to be congratulated for, with this very hot and dry weather, the greens remain extremely good.
This was reflected in the scores of this week’s format which was a tough Foursomes Medal play with 30 members taking part.
The winning couple with a nett 71 after count back was called into play were Penny Blackburn and Andy Sharland.
They edged out Linda McLaughlin and Laurie Tollemache and the third pair of Maureen Tollemache and Max Pipe also scored 71 in a very tight affair.
You may also want to watch:
Fourth place went to Ann Trayling and Bob Barnes with a nett 75.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery