Blackmore stars as Honiton 2nds are beaten at South Molton
- Credit: Archant
Honiton 2nd XV went down 53-23 in their meeting with hosts South Molton 2nds.
Honiton started brightly, but a big factor throughout the game was the procession of injuries to key players, which included nasty one for influenatial skipper Ben Welch, who had to leave the field to get his ear reattached to his head!
Honiton fell away as the game progressed and the home side’s big forwards took over.
It was not all the hosts, though, and there was a Man of the Match performance from Kyle Blackmore, who tackled well and scored two tries.
Pat Pellens got another and it was great to see Ben Dobson back on the field after several seasons out with a serious head injury.
You may also want to watch:
Dobson impressed throughout and was another to score a Honiton try.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery