Board tops in Axe Cliff Captain’s day event
- Credit: Archant
The Axe Vale captain, Basil Dean, held his Open Day last Sunday, writes Janet Dack.
Dougy Board carded 39 points to take first place.
Board finished well clear of the field with count back needed to part the minor places after Dan Taylor, Alan Kenworthy and Richard Gibbons all finished with 35 points to take second, third and fourth spots respectively.
Anthony Hellier took fifth prize beating Jim Whiting who was sixth on the back nine; both players had 34 points.
Mike Cottam won both nearest the pin and the longest drive prize whilst Anthony Hellier bagged the prize for the longest drive in two.
You may also want to watch:
There was only one two achieved by Richard Gibbons who kindly donated his winnings to the captain’s charity - the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners