Bradshaw lands victory in final event of Honiton ladies’ competitive season
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton ladies section competitive golfing season ended in great style on Wednesday with the traditional Autumn Closed competition, writes Andy Wagner.
Prizes were awarded for best on the day and, this year, these reflected the achievements of players during a great season.
The overall winner of the day and the Betty Harris Memorial Cup, with a best net score of 71, was Ann Trayling who has quietly, but consistently, put in high scoring cards throughout the year.
Winner of the Best Gross score was Henrietta Bradshaw, today scoring 89, but with a handicap that has tumbled almost monthly this year; and not surprisingly the Longest Drive Cup went to Tricia Swindell whose swing and distance are legendary.
In Silver Division first place went to Elizabeth Ward with a net 77, while Su Calver was second with net 79 (after countback) from Diana Gee in third (also with a net 79).
You may also want to watch:
Lesley Oxenham was a very deserving winner of Bronze One Division with net 73, and again second and third places were decided on countback with Linda Blundell just ahead of Penny Blackburn, both scoring net 77.
Bronze Two Division was won by Judith Newberry with net 77. Second place went to Jan Lloyd with net 80 and Monica Lacy took third place with net 81. Nearest the pin on the second hole for the bronze division was Catherine Hunt, and on the 12th hoe for silver division was Elizabeth Ward.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West