British Eventing Horse Trials all set for Pontispool Equine Sports Centre
- Credit: Archant
Pontispool Equine Sports Centre, Norton Fitzwarren, Taunton, is limbering up for its British Eventing Horse Trials that take place on May 27 to 29, when world-class riders are expected to be in action over the course of the three days, writes Lucy Johnson.
Eric Winter, the Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials designer, has put his stamp on the course which will run in a clock wise direction with Intermediate and Novice classes running on Saturday.
Pontispool’s sponsored rider Alex Bragg said: “Affiliated horse trials at Pontispool are really enjoyable, with great courses coupled with fantastic organization making it a really popular event. The courses are all fair and inviting across the levels from BE80 up to Open Intermediate and the location of the show jumping makes it a natural amphitheatre for spectators”.
The title sponsor is Wychanger Barton Saddlery, who will have their trade stand here too.
Several new sponsors have come on board for the Horse Trials including Yeovil Driver Training, Cannington Enterprises, ST Equestrian Laundry Services and Heronhill Air Conditioning.
You may also want to watch:
Riders entered at the competition include British team rider Kitty King, Tom McEwen, one of Team GB’s most exciting who has represented his country at Pony, Junior and Young Rider level winning team gold in 2007, 2008 ad 2011; Ireland’s Jonty Evans and Padraig McCarthy; Canada’s Olympic team rider Rebecca Howard and eventing legend Lucinda Green.
For the first time there will be live scoring, and all-day catering around the show jumping arena will add to the event’s unique atmosphere.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Organiser Richard Mitford-Slade said: “We’ve had a terrific entry once again which is testament to the reputation of Pontispool. We are thrilled to have received such a high caliber of entries and it’s a great opportunity for people to come along and watch both established stars, and those with a great future ahead of them, in action.”
Entry to the event is £10 per car or £5 per single occupant on Saturday only, and is donated to a local charity. Entry on Sunday and Monday is free.