Broadclyst Under-8s net win double over Whipton teams
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
Broadclyst played host to a round of Exeter and District Youth League Under-8s matches that saw them record clean-sheet victories against Whipton Warriors and Whipton Wolverines.
First up they took on Wolverines and made a bright start taking the lead when a tidy pass from Theo Howard found an unmarked Charlie Ebdon who coolly tucked the ball away. The Clyst pressing continued and a Harry Crees goal doubled the lead by half-time.
After the break Theo Howard scored twice to round off a 4-0 Broadclyst success.
Broadclyst faced the Warriors in their final game of the morning. The Exeter side began brightly, but some terrific defending, particularly by Ethan Board, denied them chances to net and, at the other end of the pitch, a slick counter-attack saw Theo Howard fire Clyst ahead.
Early in the second half, a swerving strike by Charlie Ebdon gave Clyst a 2-0 lead. Harry Crees added the third and final goal.
You may also want to watch:
Bradninch beat Whipton Warriors by the odd goal in seven. Nat Bishop fired Bradninch ahead only for Theo Barefoot to restore parity. Bishop scored again and further Ninch goals were scored by Charlie Chubb and Ben Hutchinson, with Jack Jones netting the other two Warriors’ goals.
Bradninch then saw off Whipton Wolverines 6-1. Jack Trevelyan was the star of the show with a well taken hat-trick, Nat Bishop bagged a brace and the other goal came from Johann Timperley. Wolverines goalkeeper Jake Clarkson played exceptionally well and their consolation goal was netted by Adam Edgemore.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 7 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 8 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery