Broadclyst Under-8s return to winning ways
- Credit: Archant
Broadclyst Under-8s were in action at Bradninch for matches against the home side and Seaton.
The first game of the morning saw the home side take on Seaton who struck first with a fifth minute Sam Fowler goal – the ball squirming under the body of Bradninch glovesman Charlie Chubbs.
Seaton doubled their lead through Harrison Walker and that’s the way it stayed through to full-time.
Broadclyst then took on Seaton and this was an end-to-end contest with Broadclyst first to score courtesy of a Theo Howard goal and he added a second before half-time.
After the break Ethan Board scored a superb solo goal to clinch a 3-0 win for his side.
You may also want to watch:
The final match of the morning proved to be a cracker between the hosts and Broadclyst.
Charlie Ebdon fired Clyst into a first-half lead when he applied a clinical finish to a sweeping move.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 The US Open: part two
- 9 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
The home side levelled through Nat Bishop and the end-to-end nature of the match continued with Jack Bauer and Charlie Chubbs battling well.
Ethan Board restored the Clyst lead, but Bishop again levelled things up – this time with a neat flick at the far post from a well-delivered corner.
For the third time Clyst took the lead with the impressive Bauer the scorer and, in the dying moments, Board netted his second to seal a 4-2 victory.
On the morning, the Broadclyst star player awards went to Jack Bauer and Charlie Ebdon.