Brook Brace as Feniton Under-18s win well at Crediton
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Feniton Under-18s were 3-1 winners when they travelled to face Crediton United in a Devon County League North fixture.
The Fenny team, decimated by Devon County call-ups and injuries, travelled with a bare 11, but started the game well with a clear game plan – and plenty of determination!
Crediton began on the front foot, but the Feniton midfield - most notably, George Harvey and Chris Badcott - took control, breaking up play and unleashing wingers Conor Flanagan and Oscar Walsh. Ten minutes into the game Feniton took the lead when striker Cody Cox jinked his way round the last defender and goalkeeper to fire home.
Crediton responded and only a fine save from the Feniton glovesman Sam Hill kept the lead intact. The hosts kept probing away and a back line of debutant Conor Hepburn, Haydn Tucker, Matt Futcher and Aaron Boswell ensured a solid defence would not be breached.
A second fenny goal arrived when Walsh made a trademark run down the left before squaring for the supporting midfielder Sam Brook to rifle the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The second half began with both teams knowing the next goal would be critical and, on 55 minutes, that goal went the way of Feniton when fine interplay between midfielders Harvey and Brook ended with Brook netting his second.
Crediton did bag a late consolation, but Fenny were not to be denied a terrific win that sees them stay second in the table.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
The Feniton Man of the Match award went to George Harvey.