Budleigh Reserves sunk by late goal in cup tie at Upottery
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton Reserves travelled to Upottery intent on gaining passage into the next round of the Firewatch Devon County Senior Cup last Saturday, writes SpursTom.
Unfortunately this was thwarted in the 88th minute when Joe Jones slotted into the net passed Dean Rawlings for the only goal of what was a hard-fought contest.
It is always more disappointing to concede so late on, but this young team can take heart in their performance and hopefully carry it into their league campaign.
Everyone on the pitch including match official Mr Dave Carter played a significant part in keeping the game flowing, fully deserving the applause received at the final whistle.
Outstanding for Budleigh, and voted players of the match, were defenders Zack Pearce and 16-year-old Ryan Pym.
You may also want to watch:
The Robin’s squad for this away trip were: Dean Rawlings, Alexander Manning, Nicholas Bartlett, Liam West, Zack Pearce, Harry Moxey, Ryan Pym, Liam Tweedie, Justyn Coates, Jac Pepper, Tom Christian, Julian Green, Bradley Snooks, Graham Tapp and Flin Wright.
The Robins have no game this coming weekend, but are then involved in a bottom of the table clash at their Greenway Lane home on Saturday, October 24, when the visitors will be Alphington.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 8 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 9 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 10 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond