Budleigh Salterton Under-16s share four goals at Countess Wear Dynamoes
- Credit: Archant
Countess Wear Dynamoes 2, Budleigh Salterton 2 The Robins Under-16s travelled down the Exeter Road to Countess Wear to contest a match with another side well placed to land the Division Two runners-up tag, writes SpursTom.
The visitors were first on the attack, but that was short lived for, within tw minutes the hosts had gained the upper hand through their prolific goal-scorer Cullum Pringle, it was almost followed by an own-goal! Thankfully Russel Williams was alert in the goal. Both gloves men pulled off brilliant saves before, on 26 minutes, James Clarke levelled from a smart Kai Guise pass. A juggling act by Williams on the stroke of half time kept the young Robins on equal terms.
The start of the second period was almost identical to that of the first, as once again the home side scored with two minutes! This time from a well taken free-kick with Jonathan Knowles firing home.
Budleigh did not take this set back lightly and began producing some pressure themselves, with the back four working well the whole team were gaining in confidence.
The deserved equalizer arrived after 26 second half minutes with Josh Mingo striking a loose ball sweetly to lob the keeper from 25-yards.
You may also want to watch:
CW Dynamoes were reduced to 10 men when referee Mr John Bryant having controlled the game perfectly lost patience with a home player whom he had booked earlier and sent hi for an early shower! Both teams then had chances to win the game, but a draw being a fair result for a very good match.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters