Budleigh Under-15s prepare for Friday night Devon Final at Ottermouth
BUDLEIGH Under-15s are through to the Devon final of the NatWest National Cup, after a thrilling victory over Hatherleigh.
The County semi-final was played in North Devon and, after winning the toss, Budleigh chose to bat first.
In excellent conditions for batting Budleigh close on 131 for 8 in their 20 overs.
It was something of a disappointing performance with the bat with the only notable scores coming from Jack Dart (44) and Sam Conway (23).
What’s more the innings was helped by the hosts dropping no fewer than four catches and there were 14 extra’s on the score card at the close of the innings.
You may also want to watch:
Faced with a low target to defend it was vital that the Budleigh bowlers delivered good line and length and got the full support of the fielders.
The team did not disappoint and they got the best possible start when Aaron Conway clean bowled opener Morgan Reynolds for three.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 9 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 10 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
With some excellent bowling from Ben Heys and some exceptional fielding from Will Price and Ollie Howard, Hatherleigh were restricted to 122 in their 20 overs falling 9 runs short of the Budleigh score.
For his excellent shift with the ball, Ben Heys, who finished with figures of 2-22, was named Man of the Match.
Budleigh now look forward to playing the Devon section final this Friday night at Ottermouth, against either Cornwood or Stoke Gabriel.
However, before that League action returns to Budleigh with a rearranged game against Ottery St Mary U15’s on Thursday.