Byrt Trophy triumph for Board and Howarth at Axe Cliff
It was invitation time once more at Axe Cliff with the Byrt Trophy played for in very windy conditions, writes Janet Dack.
The winners were Dougy Board and Pete Howorth from East Devon with 65 points well ahead of second place Richard Gibbons and Vic Wood from Honiton with 60 points.
Third place went to home player Geoff Greenslade with Darren Mears from East Devon beating Garry Wall and Paul Dyke from Lyme Regis both with 59 points on the back nine.
The best player for Axe Cliff was Ronnie Reed with 32 and for invitees Wayne Vincent from Lyme Regis Golf Club with 34.
The August Medal was played for last Sunday in yet again very windy conditions.
You may also want to watch:
First place went to Neil Jones with a nett 73.
In second Paul Clode with a nett 74 beating Simon Sweetland who took third place both with nett 74.
- 1 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 5 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 6 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 10 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns