Canadian influence in Feniton’s Filleigh win
- Credit: Archant
Canadian Adam Ramcharran played a leading role with bat and ball as Feniton defeated Filleigh by 95 runs.
Ramcharran scored an unbeaten 85 to help Feniton to 205. Mark Kingdon chipped in with 28.
Filleigh made a bright start and were 51-1 when Feniton skipper Jon Pyle gave the ball to his father Francis and went on to bag himself a fivefer, finishing with figures of 5-15 as Filleigh were bowled out for 110. Ramcharran completed a very good afternoon’s work with 2-25 and Matt Davis also picked up a brace of wickets, in his case at a cost of just one run.
A delighted Feniton skipper said: “Having lost the toss and being invited to bat I was a little concerned at tea as I felt we were a little light in the run department. However, the bowlers, particularity the old man, did their job well and we won in some comfort at the end.”
The win, a second of the C Division (East) season, sees the Acland Park men into fifth place in the table and they are just 11 points shy of second placed Seaton who they visit on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Pyle says of the Seaton game: “I guess we are going there as under dogs, but that will suit us. We are playing some good cricket at the moment and are all very relaxed about it. It’s another challenge, made a little tougher given their defeat last weekend, but we can travel with confidence and ought to relish the challenge of a local derby.”
Ottery St Mary top the section and already have opened up a lead of 23 points with this coming match day (June 6) marking the one-third point of the league season.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 8 The US Open: part two
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax