Captain Morgan takes the honours in Honiton senior’s Med-Stab competition.
- Credit: Archant
The Honiton seniors had more than their golfing skills tested when they played a Med-Stab last Friday, writes Andy Wagner.
They were tested on their mental arithmetic too!
For the first nine holes they recorded a net medal score and on the back nine they recorded a stableford score.
Subtracting the stableford from the medal score gave the result. The low score wins and club captain Dave Morgan won division one with a score of 14.
Angus Falconer was runner-up with 15, closely followed by Don Stroud, John Dickinson and Vic Wood, all within two points.
You may also want to watch:
The second division was won by Jack Phillips, again with a 14. Phil Faulkner came second just one point adrift. David Price, seniors vice-captain Bill Eaton and Norman Runciman took the last prizes.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 9 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 10 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts