Carter edges out Davies in Honiton ladies’ medal meeting
- Credit: Archant
Honiton ladies contested their monthly medal competition, writes Liz Rogers.
The meeting was staged on a stifling hot day with the threat of thunderstorms.
It left the ladies dressed for the warm weather, but armed with waterproofs and umbrellas!
Luckily, the storms kept their distance and there were some excellent scores and reductions in handicap.
In the Silver Division, Mona Carter and Anne Davies both had a net 74, but Mona took first place on countback
You may also want to watch:
Close behind was lady captain Olwen Eaton who continued her good form following a recent handicap reduction, carding a net 75.
In Bronze Division One, Jane Watts came in with the joint best score of the day, a net 71, to take first place and see her handicap reduced.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 5 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 6 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 9 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
Next home was Linda Blundell who is playing some excellent golf at the moment, and had a net 73 and also a reduction in handicap!
Liz Rogers took third place with a net 78, beating Janet Hughes on countback.
In Bronze Division Two Lesley Farley returned the other joint best score of the day with a net 71 and also reduced her handicap.
Country member, Sally Chapman took second place with a commendable score of net 73.
In the 9-hole stableford competition, Andrea Squire took first place on countback with a score of 16 points.